Date: Saturday, August 24, 2019
Location: Canterbury United Methodist Church, 350 Overbrook Rd, Birmingham (Note some classes are offsite and are identified on each MB descriptions below)
Time: Arrive by 8:00 am. Classes begin 8:15 am – End 4:30 pm.
Transportation: On your Own.
Cost: $15. Includes lunch and a patch. If we take troop transportation, there will be a fuel charge as well, to be determined. If there is an additional charge for any class it is identified on the each MB description below)
Preparation: Read the merit badge book prior to attending. Acquire a blue card.
What to bring: Bring paper and pencil. Download merit badge worksheets from meritbadge.org. Some MBs have additional items. They will be noted on the specific MB/s
Eagle required MB’s will have some requirements finished at the event. Some requirements will have to be completed on your own and completed in your unit.
No changes will be allowed after deadline.
Merit Badges Offered
- Aviation/Weather, Southern Museum of Flight, additional $30 fee
- Cit in the Community, you MUST read the MB Book in advance AND bring
- Cit in the Nation, you MUST read the MB Book in advance AND bring it to class.
- Cit in the World, 8th grade or above. MUST read the MB Book in advance AND bring it to class.
- Communication, 8th grade or above. You must read MB Book in advance, fill out the worksheet in advance and bring it to class
- Composite Materials, $10 Additional Fee
- Cooking, Additional $5 fee
- Cycling, Bring bicycle for inspection
- Disbilities Awareness
- First Aid, you MUST read the MB Book in advance AND bring it to class.
- Fly Fishing
- Medicine 8th grade or above
- Motor Boating
- Nuclear Science, all day
- Scouting Heritage
- Swimming, Shades Valley YMCA
- Truck Transportation
- Traffic Safety and Crime Prevention
Sign up at https://gac.tentaroo.com
Download the flyer: Advance-O-Rama 2019